Author Topic: Royal Malaysian Navy ships in Manila  (Read 1952 times)

...-happy ka na?

• Global Moderator
Royal Malaysian Navy ships in Manila
« on: April 09, 2007, 08:28:24 AM »
part of the MALPHI LAUT exercises, three RMN ships docked at the Port of Manila this AM...

Laksamana Class Corvette  KD Laksamana Tun Abdul Jamil, 650 ton vessel made by Fincatieri first delivered in 1997

The other Laksamana class vessel,  KD Tan Pusmah docking...

portside of Tan Pusmah, you can see the Jerong class PB, KD Yu

Otomat Teseo Mark 2 SSM launchers...

Force Protection by the Paskal or Naval Special Forces with the Albatross SAM launcher that fires Aspide SAMs...

:shock:

Shipwreck

Re: Royal Malaysian Navy ships in Manila
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 08:43:30 AM »
Nice pics Sir jep.. I envy you guys who have the opportunity to be upclose and personal to these amazing warships.. the closest i could get  to ships would be when i pass by the navy HQ along roxas.. hehehe.

Adroth

• Administrator
  • Logo from: www.proudlypinoy.org
    • http://www.adroth.ph
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2007, 10:11:25 AM »
If only we had an "envy" icon . . .

Sigh.  :(
Don't get mad at China. GET EVEN. Join the movement to defy a Chinese "order".

Barber 6

• MBAC 21
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2007, 10:31:34 AM »
If only we had an "envy" icon . . .

:cry: will do

PAFunixGeek

• MBAC 21
  • Flying on the Wings of Comp Lab
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2007, 10:54:01 AM »
Malaysian C-130 too.  Saw it load an M-35 (or were there two?) and lots of personnel, civilians included.  Villamor Air Base March, 2007

Sir Jepot ... I think the MALPHI SAR exercises came first?

(click thumbnail to view full photo)

PAFunixGeek
« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 10:56:23 AM by PAFunixGeek »
Handa sa Tawag ng Inang Bayan

Mayk

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2007, 09:04:44 AM »
Why is the Philippine flag hoisted in one of the corvettes? Is it naval protocol for a visiting ship?

recondo

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2007, 10:10:10 PM »
Why is the Philippine flag hoisted in one of the corvettes? Is it naval protocol for a visiting ship?

yes..,

jcabanit

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2007, 08:49:38 AM »
Can the Philippines acquire something like this corvettes.  they can ask south korea to give some of theirs.

israeli

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2007, 11:05:31 AM »
^ the Laksamana class corvettes were built by Italian shipbuilder Fincantieri for the Iraqi Navy (Wadi M'ragh class corvettes). however, sanctions placed against Iraq as a result of its invasion of Kuwait caused the cancellation of the said corvettes to Iraq. the corvettes stayed in Italy for quite some time until the Malaysians bought them in 1997.

sadly, Fincantieri is not building the Wadi M'ragh anymore and the last two Wadi M'raghs moored in the Italian port of La Spezia (both of which are helicopter-capable) have been delivered to the new Iraqi Navy.

if we were only fast enough to buy those Wadi M'raghs from Italy, we could have had them, along with the British Peacock class OPVs, as our navy's most modern assets.
"I'm very determined. If I decide what something is worth doing, then I'll put my heart and soul to it. The whole ground can be against me, but if I know it is right, I'll do it. That's the business of a leader." - Lee Kuan Yew

texan

• MBAC 21
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2007, 03:23:56 AM »

EXERCISES. A Philippine Navy gunboat patrols the Visayan Sea as a Malaysian Navy vessel follows (R-background) 14 April 2007 as they began the sea phase of a joint naval training exercise. AFP
Say Hello to my little friend...!!

FrustratedAFP

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2007, 05:43:43 AM »
I really miss those days when one can easily go to the ports and come up close to foreign military ships visiting our ports.  Sometimes you can get lucky and you can be shown the inside of these visiting vessels.  The one I surely can't forget was the British Carrier the Invinsible.  We just went to look at it and some friendly Brit sailor showed us in!!! I took so much pictures!!! Damn!!! sarap.  I have seen Malaysian, Thai, German, U.S., Indian, Italian and so much more warships.  But thanks to these world wide terrorists!!! security was never the same, specially after that USS Cole attack.  Pucha talaga.... end of those happy days..  Thanks Jepot for sharing the photos... Galing!!!

:bravo: