Author Topic: Retitled: BRP Ramon A Alcaraz (PF-16) - ex USCGC Dallas [WHEC-716]  (Read 770907 times)

ianbulford

• We will build a new tomorrow from this old wrecked
Re: Retitled: BRP Ramon A Alcaraz (PF-16) - ex USCGC Dallas [WHEC-716]
« Reply #600 on: July 01, 2012, 09:26:41 PM »
the only update i get from the PN crew stateside..are the increasing White Girls added to their friends list on their facebook accounts.....instead of the ship pictures i was anticipating

@davemap LOL  Nice one!

atty_rcb

• PRIMUS INTER PARES
    • Hooded Angel
« Reply #601 on: July 01, 2012, 09:51:29 PM »
But CAN BE EXTENDED at the pleasure of the President....

^ He will be retiring on Dec 21 this year... reaching the mandatory age of 56.   
Impossible is found in the dictionary of fools

The competitor to be feared the most is the one who never worries about others at all and goes on making himself better all the time --Henry Ford

In critical moments even the very powerful have need of the weakest. ---Aesop ~Zeuxis

They attack the one man with their hate and their shower of weapons. But he is like some rock which stretches into the vast sea and which, exposed to the fury of the winds and beaten against by the waves, endures all the violence -- VIRGIL

“It is the greatest good to the greatest number of people which is the measure of right and wrong.”   Jeremy Bentham

Adroth

• Administrator
  • Logo from: www.proudlypinoy.org
    • http://www.adroth.ph
« Reply #602 on: July 01, 2012, 10:37:38 PM »
But CAN BE EXTENDED at the pleasure of the President....

. . . and start the road down a slippery slope.

Put the man in DND where he can continue to be an advocate for the Navy.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 11:49:35 PM by Adroth »
The campaign to establish a Philippine equivalent to DARPA / DAPA / DSTA: http://adroth.ph/srdp_roadmap_darpa/

Don't get mad at China. GET EVEN. Join the movement to defy a Chinese "order".

atty_rcb

• PRIMUS INTER PARES
    • Hooded Angel
« Reply #603 on: July 01, 2012, 10:42:10 PM »
I agree, a DND spokesman or Usec for Modernization could be a good place for him..

Put the man in DND where he can continue to be an advocate for the Navy policy.
Impossible is found in the dictionary of fools

The competitor to be feared the most is the one who never worries about others at all and goes on making himself better all the time --Henry Ford

In critical moments even the very powerful have need of the weakest. ---Aesop ~Zeuxis

They attack the one man with their hate and their shower of weapons. But he is like some rock which stretches into the vast sea and which, exposed to the fury of the winds and beaten against by the waves, endures all the violence -- VIRGIL

“It is the greatest good to the greatest number of people which is the measure of right and wrong.”   Jeremy Bentham

tagalacion@tmw

« Reply #604 on: July 01, 2012, 11:01:15 PM »

Put the man in DND where he can continue to be an advocate for the Navy policy.

Well put, Sir A.  It would be a waste to lose such a man to retirement.  His country (and his navy) still needs him beyond his mandatory retirement age.  I hope our president appoints him to the DND.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog."

" A nation which can prefer disgrace to danger is prepared for a master, and deserves one" - Alexander Hamilton

"I am more afraid of an army of 100 sheep led by a lion than an army of 100 lions led by a sheep" - Charles Maurice de Talleyrand

geminirecon

« Reply #605 on: July 02, 2012, 03:03:18 AM »

There's a pattern of "Ramon" on the left picture below (only "ON" visible), just look closely, but don't close too much as you'll get eyestrain on the screen. :lol:

Ending the mystery to end your misery

nikols

« Reply #606 on: July 02, 2012, 03:43:58 AM »
bitin ang picture.  if a picture of the alcaraz' stern can be taken, i'm sure there are more pictures available.

@geminirecon, spare us the suspense will you :bravo:

Kraken21

• United we Stand, Divided we Fall...
    • Defense Daily
« Reply #607 on: July 02, 2012, 03:47:35 AM »
This is a one liner, but let me show my happiness seeing these 2nd WHEC photos aka BRP Alcaraz. YEHEYYYY.. :beer:
Perilous situations is the outcome of unqualified opinions, fallacy and supported fictions ~ Kraken
-= If you can't defend and unsure of your post, kindly cease and desist from it.  A good post promotes education and objective discussions, not a redundant information.=-

zaidanR

• Numquam pugnare aequis
« Reply #608 on: July 02, 2012, 03:52:35 AM »
finally after the long wait... a picture of our beloved BRP Ramon Alcaraz. Cant wait to see her within Phil waters and in gray.  - pardon the one liner gents: :P

dry ice

« Reply #609 on: July 02, 2012, 05:30:32 AM »

Napansin nyo ba yung inuupan nung mga nagpipintura? "Improvised".. Iba talaga ang ingenuity ng pinoy, pati sa Tate dala nila!  :smoke:

Kraken21

• United we Stand, Divided we Fall...
    • Defense Daily
« Reply #610 on: July 02, 2012, 03:52:51 PM »
Napansin nyo ba yung inuupan nung mga nagpipintura? "Improvised".. Iba talaga ang ingenuity ng pinoy, pati sa Tate dala nila!  :smoke:

It's an aluminum ladder hek hek hek  8)wala kasi kawayan sa tate..   :eyes: they are also sporting a  a safety harness to prevent a fall to the sea.  And that is the Filipino trait admires on us by foreigners, Ingenuity is in our core to survive.  :beer:
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 03:57:19 PM by Kraken21 »
Perilous situations is the outcome of unqualified opinions, fallacy and supported fictions ~ Kraken
-= If you can't defend and unsure of your post, kindly cease and desist from it.  A good post promotes education and objective discussions, not a redundant information.=-

Sniper

• One shot one kill!
« Reply #611 on: July 02, 2012, 06:43:51 PM »
Britons are just as resourceful :) regardless of race i'm sure humans always find ways... pag me "puede na yan" go.

I love the smell of napalm in the morning... smells like "Victory!"

"It cannot be a China that threatens other countries. It cannot be a China that threatens, you know, to go after their territories and create territorial disputes." -Leon Panetta

For art sake... It's lose not "loose"!@!

Blaze0313

« Reply #612 on: July 03, 2012, 08:58:24 AM »

The Dallas name is still visible..haha
"Give me a thousand Filipinos and I shall conquer the world" - General Douglas MacArthur

franning

• MBAC 21
  • Ibong Adarna
« Reply #613 on: July 03, 2012, 09:08:37 AM »

Mahilig talaga tayong magbuhat ng sarili nating upuan.....Improvising is not unique to Filipino's only I hope you know that. Minsan kasi we think of ourselves too much. Lets be humble and just learn to listen.

Blaze0313

« Reply #614 on: July 03, 2012, 09:46:03 AM »
Mahilig talaga tayong magbuhat ng sarili nating upuan.....Improvising is not unique to Filipino's only I hope you know that. Minsan kasi we think of ourselves too much. Lets be humble and just learn to listen.

UU nga naman, usually kasi pag may nakitang Filipino na ng-improvise ng gamit sasabihin agad na "galing talaga ng Filipino ingenuity" without realizing the fact that other races is capable of that ingenuity as well.
"Give me a thousand Filipinos and I shall conquer the world" - General Douglas MacArthur